Who You Are is Who You Attract
August 7, 2008 § Leave a comment
Effective leaders are always on the lookout for good people.
But who you get is not determined by what you want, but by who you are.
In most situations, you draw people who possess the same qualities you do.
This truth: who you are is who you attract
- Every leader has a measure of magnetism.
- A leader’s magnetism may impact others intellectually, emotionally, or volitionally.
- Magnetism is neither good nor bad in itself – it depends on what a leader does with it.
- Secure leaders draw both similar and complementary followers.
- A leader’s magnetism never remains static.
It is possible for a leader to go out and recruit people unlike himself, but it’s crucial to recognize that people who are different will not naturally be attracted to him.
Their quality depends on you.
If you think the people you attract could be better, then its time for you to improve yourself.